frog princess header 750

Tuesday 14 April 2009

selbu modern

Finally, a stranded knitting project! Sure, I'd done a bit of stranded knitting here and there, but nothing big. I picked up a strickfingerhut and this helped a lot, as I could carry both yarns over my left hand. It's also a bit of a pain, however, and caused me to pull my floats too tight sooo... not certain I'll use it again.

selbu modern

The contrast isn't very strong, and the yarn was smaller than that called for in the pattern, so the hat is a bit small and needs re-blocking with a larger plate, but at this rate, it can wait until next winter, when hopefully I'll have a pair of mittens to match!

selbu modern

Pattern: Selbu Modern (free)
Yarn: Wensleydale Longwool 4-ply
Needles: US 1.5, 2.5 mm

2 comments:

Liz said...

It looks great. Very subtle and delicate.

knit1frog2 said...

very nice...beautiful colors and I love how the softness transpires thru the lens...