frog princess header 750

Sunday 6 July 2008

What I've Been Up To

Not knitting, not much, not really.

I have been doing a rub-off of my favourite dress (which my mum made back in the 80s) so as to make a copy of it:

Marimekko dress rub-off

I got some fabric to make a new dress/copy:

Dress fabric

I also got fabric to make a new version of the skirt from last summer:

skirt, static skirt fabric

I have been tearing apart my best-fitting trousers to re-create them:

dismantaling the KAVU trousers

In this fabric which, from the bolt notes, is a Jaeger remnant:

Trouser fabric

I made two Wee Bunnies for the school festival's tombola:

Wee Bunny take one Wee Bunny take two

I have been spinning, while watching a lot of Big Brother:

spindle with Spunky Eclectic

I made a lazy kate out of a box and the huge needles I borrowed from Liz to make the bathmat. Hrm, I may have to figure out a different solution of she wants them back. :D

impromptu lazy kate

And I plied some of my singles into yarn! Very art-yarn thick and thin etc and no idea what I'm going to do with it, as I'm already spinning more evenly and thinner. Still, nice.

Plied, first spin

And finally, some knitting - baby socks with the self-striping easter-egg-dye yarn:

Baby Socks

1 comment:

http://seenonflickr.wordpress.com/ said...

I love, love, LOVE the material you've chosen for the skirt! (And the material of the old skirt!)

I really admire your crafty ability and dedication!