I'd always been planning to knit Kiri [pdf]. Two years ago, when I went on an extended Europe trip, I brought along a bunch of Knitpicks laceweight, and pasted the pattern inside my Moleskine. I never did knit it, though, I instead spent the entire time knitting one of my kool-aid socks.
Fast forward to two and a half weeks ago. I'd swapped two balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora for a green variegated yarn that had been purchased in Bulgaria. (75% wool, 25% acrylic) First I tried it on size 7s (4.5mm), but it came out way too stiff and nasty, so I switched to size 8s (5mm, Knitpicks Options). Then I knit the damn thing for two and a half weeks straight.
It looked like this at the two week point:
Before blocking, it made really cute "mountains":
Last night I blocked it:
And today it was dried and ready to wear!
Huzzah! If only all FOs were as quick and as painless. :)