frog princess header 750

Monday 16 July 2007

spiral not-boot socks

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to post at all, plus the projects that I've been working on are difficult to photograph!

Luckily I've got a small-footed friend here for the weekend, so I was able to photograph the Sockapalooza socks in progress. Yay!

spiralsideone

This is sock number one: Judy's magic cast-on, sort-row toe, and extremely unsucessful self-designed lace cuff that will be ripped out and turned into ribbing. :)

spiralfront

Here are the two socks together - I changed the pattern to make the spiral go the other way on this sock. I think it makes a nice effect!

So I'm mostly on track for finishing these, and despite breaking one needle, losing another, and being forced to use a needle .25mm smaller, these seem to be okay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are gorgeous! love the way the spirals on each sock twist towards each other. helen :-)

Anonymous said...

socky sock sock
your sockapalooooooooooza socks are in the mail today!
sock pal