frog princess header 750

Saturday, 30 August 2008

many years in the making

IMG_4723.JPG

It's finished! After first hearing about a "rub off" pattern a couple years ago, I have finally completed mine!

It fits quite nicely, and I'm happy with the weight of the fabric and with my sewing. The only thing I would have changed is to make the both the belt and the contrast hem wider, but alas, I ran out of fabric. I may change the topstitching on the collar to red, but otherwise it's pretty darn near perfect. (And it's what I wanted, a good comfortable outfit to wear while teaching!)

For comparison with the original:

IMG_4705.JPGIMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4712.JPGIMG_4736.JPG

1 comment:

Steph said...

You're so clever!