frog princess header 750

Saturday 7 February 2009

icarus by night

Inspired by “Icarus By Night” by Vance Gilbert (excerpt)

I only go up at night
When the moon is full
And the evening breezes blow
I go only high enough
To see the ground below

I was so much younger then
And blinded by the beauty of the sun
It looked so lovely
I just had to touch it once
Then tumbling down into the sea
Now I know, now I know

icarus

It "only" took me a year and a half, knitting on and off! I love it so, and it has kept my neck nice and warm at work on these icy chilly days.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in colourway "Irving Park"
Pattern: Icarus by Miriam Felton

Let's have another shot! It's bigger than fingertip-to-fingertip on me, but it was too cold to get a shot with it on me. :)

icarus

1 comment:

Cadencia said...

It's really beautiful, Ellen!