frog princess header 750

Sunday 27 September 2009

spinning

After many months of deliberation, I chose a spinning wheel to buy. After many more months, it actually came back into stock again, and I became the proud owner of a Majacraft Susie Pro.

Suzie Pro!

My first project was to spin up this gorgeous Bluefaced Leicester from Krafty Koala, which I've had for almost a year and a half.

waterlilty BFL

I did it in a worsted style short-draw, and it's about worsted weight. I tried for long colour repeats by splitting the top into half lengthwise. I did pretty well keeping the repeats for most of the length.

handspun

Almost as soon as it was finished, I knit it up into Headigan. I'm not certain about the buttons, but I've had them forever, and they do match the hat wonderfully.

headigan

And a better shot of the short rows and colour repeats.

headigan

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ooh, fabulous buttons!