frog princess header 750

Wednesday, 5 August 2009


Lately I've gotten quite interested in reworking and refashioning things from my wardrobe. Here's a top which I got for £1 from a charity shop, but which would never do, as it didn't suit my shape, nor did it suit my profession.


Sorry for the blurry photo.

I chopped off that whole bottom band, cut it in half lengthwise and trimmed the side seams, which were sloped. I took three of the resulting rectangles and sewed them to the bottom of the wrap, then hemmed everything with my most serger-like stitch. Added some ties in a nice location and voila!


Now a sensible cardigan. Hooray!

I've got plans to refashion a whole bunch of things in my wardrobe, but this was the least tricky (and least sentimental) of the lot, so it got the scissors first.

1 comment:

Liz said...

It looks great - I'm very impressed.