frog princess header 750

Monday 10 August 2009

Sugar Bowl

This is a gift made for a friend who is greatly enamored of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events books. There is a mysterious sugar bowl which is said to contain the answer to one of the book's many mysteries, but it is never found. Thus, my friend gets a felt sugar bowl pincushion, which may never be opened...

sugar bowl

It was pretty easy to sew together the wool felt. I adapted the bowl pattern from an apple pincushion pattern that I found on the internets. I made the top bit triangular instead of pointed, which helped to make the top of the sugar bowl nice and flat. The lid was the apple base, smaller. I ended up somehow needing only 5 pieces for that one.

sugar bowl

I'm very happy with it and will definitely work with wool felt again. If you only make small things then the cost isn't prohibitive!

No comments: